Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bruise

At a length of 0.5 cm and a thickness of 0.1 cm, the bruise on the inner side of my neck is evolving in a more picturesque manner than expected. The bruise caused by I still don’t know who, what, where, how. One fine morning, it just appeared. And I think I aggravated it further by scratching liberally with the moody finger of my left hand.

Well, it initially had a little bump and within 30 minutes of coming into existence it had turned from a bright Tomato Red to a dark dark Red, almost Black rather symmetric bump on the side of my neck. For the first day the pain was enough to remind me of its existence. However, the next day onwards a chance glance through the object forming the specular reflection (the mirror) for my vision made me re-look, thinking it was a mole of sorts.
After that the bump was a nice, firm irregularity on the side of my neck.
Friends suggested pricking it so the clotted blood would have an outlet and the ‘bruise’ would go. But, I believed it would just become more pinched over time and then separate from my body like dead cells do.

However, the bump subsided over time. Today the bump has almost subsided to skin level, and has become a beautiful Maroon-Red. A rather enchanting colour. Especially when held against sunlight.
Now that it has become like any regular bruise, I expect it to go through the usual colour changes of Purple, Green-Yellow and Yellow then light Brown before vanishing.
I find it rather entertaining to observe the colour changes of bruises. I think that comes from the fact that I bruise often, and the best bet is to enjoy them if you can’t avoid them.

Perhaps the life cycle of this bruise will be short considering it’s on the inner side of my neck has a high blood flow. Let me see.
It would have been fun if they were not so independent and performed small activities for you. Example, you tell the bruise ‘Change!’ and it changes colours. You tell ‘Hide’ and it vanishes for some time. You say, ‘Shift’ and you can move it to a different body part. Would have made them so much more interesting I think. However, now they seem to have a mind of their own, and decide where to appear on their personal whims. Sometime even hurt you, and definitely change colours when you are not looking.
Well, at least they provide some entertainment.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sanjeev Priyam Chandran said...

God!! Ms. Surya Raghunaathan read my blog. She had also left a comment. I am happy!!

A very interesting incident happened in our second year. It was the period when we people had started reading blogs seriously. One of my friend had posted on some topic which was a chain kinda thing where at the end you ask people of your choice to post on the same!! He happened to include Sidins name to in the list.. And to all our surprise Sidin had left a comment. I still remember we people running around telling the message to each other about Sidins Comment.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Abhinav said...

Don't mind but please correct the problem in the links to other blogs on your blog. Just remove the last / from each blog's address coz blogger adds one automatically. I do navigate from your site a lot so it can get quite annoying. Delete this comment after you have read it.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

@Sanjeev - hahaha! Am not some celeb...its ok..and you write differently...so, read it :) Thanks anyways, for being so sweet

@Abhinav - hey, done that. It was long due. So, good you left that comment. No issues at all. Keep blogging. Cheers!

7:15 PM  
Blogger CruciFire said...

OHHH MYYYY GODDDD! U REALLY don't have any topics to write on do u?!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

@ Crucifire - abey, kamse kam main post toh ka rahi hoon...a Bruise is pretty interesting a topic to write about...isn't it?

2:33 AM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

A bruise on the neck?! Who were you necking around with? ;)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Ashwin said...

was this a dracula/vampire bite?? ;)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

@ Dhananjay - With you, of course! Don't you remember?? :)

@ Ashwin - This could have been a love bite or as you say something of a beast...but its just a bruise :)

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home