Friday, December 09, 2005

RINGTONES OR THREATENING CALLS?!

My sister's husband works with Yahoo Inc., India, the Mobile division to be precise. Yesterday, a talk with him about his job, revealed some really fascinating stuff. He's part of the team that creates new and innovative ring tones for yours, mine and everybody else's mobile phones. When I surfed through some of the latest tones on his mobile, what interested me was not the much hackneyed bollywood masala tones and NO! Certainly not the baby giggles, bird chirps or the Bugs Bunny guttural.

I rather came across this very bizarre polyphonic ring tone (customized for a male customer), which went something like this:

Voice of a little girl, "Uncle! Please phone uthao, jaldi uthao, varna mera doggy aapko kaatega!"And then the periodic barks of a dog…..Super!! And if you didn’t find this sufficiently wacky, here's the masterpiece -

Voice of a young Lady, "Eh! jaldi fone uthao, varna mein sabse kehdoongi ki mein tumhare bachche ki maa banne waali hun....."hahahah.....Truely bizarre & threatening enuf!....isnt it?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pleiades said...

HaHa!! :P These are quite whacky alrite!! I'd just heard a few with a Dharmendra/Sanjeev Kumar impersonation... :D
You have a great blog yourself btw! Do keep writing. My blog's breathing its last, almost... :(
Will update my blogroll as soon as I shake off the laziness... :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

@pleiades - Thanks!:) and ya I also hae heard that Sholay thing, if thats the one you are referring to...truely hilarious.
cheers!!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when a simple search for, let's say free nokia ringtone would bring up semi-related sites. I like your blog, but I wasn't exactly loking for this info. Good stuff anyway.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home