Friday, November 25, 2005

MANJU - A HERO

Here we talk of a man who was a symbol of 'truth' and 'righteousness' and who paid with his life for the same...I salute Manjunathan for his brave act...Am also shocked at the lack of interest shown towards this by various media groups including a leading daily I work with...I had never imagined my organisation to be one amongst the crowd that shunned such a brave man's story...and the same fact leaves me with a feeling of deep sorrow and remorse...But when I ponder over all of it, I feel 'its not too late' and that something can still be done to bring the incident and its proceedings to the papers...Its duely unfair and the-pretending-to-sleep-media must get up and rise to the occassion....As for Manju, You are a true Hero, Rest in Peace!!
A few lines.....
God saw he was honest, unlike the rest
But a cure was not to be,
So he put his arms around him,
and whispered, "come with me."

With tearful eyes we watched,
Him suffer and fade away,
Although we loved him deeply,
We could not make him stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
kind & loving eyes put to rest,
God broke our hearts to prove,
"He takes only the Best!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

I thought we all knew about media groups selling off their souls to the devil, a la, Faust. And the daily that you work with, was indeed the 'trendsetter' in this regard. Indian Express is probably the only newspaper that is following the news and treating it with the concern that it deserves. Today's (25/11/2005) editorial is dedicated to the issue.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Surya Ragunaathan said...

I absolutely agree with your viewpoint of THIS daily being a 'trendsetter'...but I also thought that there must be some amount of conscience & at least a meager sense of responsibility in pple here which wud make them carry the news in the paper...sad to see that none of the above seems to be existing...I also appreciate Indian Express for their probe into the matter.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home